Best Greek Salad Dressing
The Perfect Greek Salad Dressing Recipe – This easy homemade Greek vinaigrette takes only 5 minutes to make, and is a deliciously tangy dressing to make the best Greek Salad!
Greek Salad Anyone?
There’s nothing better than a hearty salad for a healthy lunch or dinner.
A great salad should include lots of crispy fresh veggies, crunchy toppings, a hint of cheese, or other goodies… And, of course, it has to have a well-seasoned dressing to tie all of those yummy components together.
I adore big, bright Mediterranean flavors in my salads. These typically include a balance between salty and sour tastes, with generous amounts of garlic and feta cheese for serious deliciousness. Each bite is incredibly satisfying but leaves you wanting more!
We have posted several Greek-inspired dishes on the site, like our Zesty Greek Pasta Salad and this fabulous Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. Today we are sharing an authentic recipe for the Perfect Greek Salad Dressing. It’s easy to make, and so good that you’ll want to make every salad from now on a Greek salad!
The Best Homemade Greek Dressing
Classic Greek vinaigrette is bright and tangy.
Oil, vinegar, and mustard combine beautifully with lemon and spices, making a dressing that is rather thin and light but also quite bold. And while this Greek dressing adds vibrant seasonings and a great bite to the salad bowl, it does so without overpowering the freshness and flavors of the other salad ingredients.
It is made with just a handful of simple, gluten-free pantry staples, and even stays good for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
What Ingredients You Need
You will love how basic the ingredients list is for making the best Greek Salad Dressing. Together they create a wonderfully refreshing and tasty crave-able vinaigrette.
Here’s everything you need to make the Perfect Greek Salad Dressing recipe:
- Extra-virgin olive oil – a must-have for authentic Greek dressing
- Lemon – fresh lemon juice and zest add great acidity
- Red wine vinegar – adds a hint of intriguing sour taste to the dressing
- Dijon Mustard – tangy and slightly savory
- Dried Oregano – for a taste of Mediterranean flavor
- Garlic – again, an essential for Greek cuisine!
- Crumbled Feta – feel free to leave out for a vegan vinaigrette
- Salt and Pepper – just a dash of each to finish
You can also include other seasonings in this Greek Salad Dressing recipe. Crushed red pepper adds a kick of heat, and try garlic powder for extra garlic-y goodness.
Or, a bit of honey (or agave to make vegan-friendly) is delicious for a sweeter Greek vinaigrette!
How to Make This Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
This Greek vinaigrette takes just a few minutes to make, with no cooking required! It’s easy to prepare ahead of time and keeps well in the fridge for up to a few weeks until you’re ready to enjoy.
Here are the simple steps for making the best homemade Greek Salad Dressing:
- First, set out a pint jar or other dressing container. Place the oil, lemon juice and zest, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, dried oregano, and minced garlic in the jar.
- Next, cover and shake well to emulsify. Add the crumbled feta, if using, and shake again.
- Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. I usually wind up adding about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper to the dressing.
To store, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
When you are ready to use it, remove the lid and warm in the microwave for a few seconds, just long enough to soften the oil but without actually heating the dressing. Then cover and shake until thoroughly combined.
Pour over your fresh salad and dig in!
Get the Complete Best Greek Salad Dressing Recipe + Video Below. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Will This Dressing Last?
If stored in a proper airtight container (like a mason jar) it can last for up to three weeks in the fridge.
How Can I Enjoy Salad Dressing?
Greek vinaigrette is divine for Mediterranean-inspired salads.
Try our recipe for My Big Fat Greek Salad with the Best Greek Salad Dressing. Or keep it classic and use this dressing to make fresh Horiatiki (a.k.a. Greek Village Salad).
We recommend that you enjoy a hearty salad with Greek dressing as a side to Zesty Gyros or Lamb Burger with Tabbouleh.
This dressing also makes a terrific marinade for authentic Chicken Souvlaki and Grilled Vegetables.
And I love to use it as a tasty, simple dip for a fresh veggies and crackers afternoon snack.
Looking for More Easy Salad Dressing Recipes?
- Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing Recipe
- The Best Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- Homemade Catalina Dressing Recipe
- 3-Ingredient Almond Butter Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
- Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- An Everyday Salad Dressing by Gimme Some Oven
Best Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large juicy lemon zested and juiced (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta optional
- salt and pepper
- Set out a pint jar. Place the oil, lemon juice and zest, vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, and minced garlic in the jar.
- Cover and shake well to emulsify. Add the crumbled feta, if using, and shake again.
- Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. (I usually add about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper.)
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: Rect The Best Greek Salad Dressing - Food Recipes
I am in love with this greek dressing, it tastes just like the dressing from my favorite restaurant!
This salad was absolutely delicious! I will try with less garlic. This salad is perfect for dinner. Thanks Sommer!
This is so much better than anything from the store! So easy to make at home!
This is such a perfect salad dressing! Love how flavorful it is.
This is the most delicious dressing. I try to keep some in my fridge at all times!
As close to getting greek restaurant dressing as any other recipe out there!