3-Ingredient Magic Taco Dip
The Easiest Taco Dip Recipe (3-Ingredients!)
Any gathering is just a meeting without cake… or a snack dip! I mean, really, doesn’t it feel like something is missing from a party if there isn’t at least one scrumptious dip with dippers on the table?
This Magic Taco Dip recipe is so easy it’s almost embarrassing. Until you taste it. Then all shame is gone as people come out of the woodwork to ask for the “secret” tips to make it themselves.
In fact, I keep the necessary (gluten-free and vegetarian) 3 ingredients on hand always, just in case I need to whip up this sour cream and ranch dip to take to an impromptu event.
So although it can hardly be counted as a recipe, we promise you’ll want to keep this ranch and sour cream taco dip on your must-make party snack list, too!
Ingredients You Need
- Sour cream – for the tangiest, creamiest taco dip
- Taco seasoning – your favorite brand or homemade taco seasoning
- Ranch dip mix – the classic seasoning packet you know and love
That is it!
There are also a few simple ingredient swaps and customization options for this recipe… Keep reading for some of our suggestions!
There is no need for salt since the taco seasoning has a decent amount already.
Some people even like to add taco meat (whether ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken) for extra flavor and texture.
How to Make Magical Taco Dip
This “recipe” uses only 3 ingredients, and is easy to make in just 3 simple steps!
- First, set out a medium mixing bowl. Add the sour cream, taco seasoning, and ranch dip mix.
- Stir until completely blended and smooth.
Get the Complete (Printable) 3-Ingredient Easy Taco Dip Recipe + Video Below. Enjoy!
- Then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can serve this as a dip or a spread on your tacos with your favorite taco toppings.
Aaaaaaand you are done!
- Make this a healthier taco dip by using low-fat sour cream, or swapping it with whole or low-fat Greek yogurt.
- Want to make it as a vegan snack dip? Use your favorite dairy-free sour cream alternative.
- Add a kick of spicy heat by using a few dashes of hot sauce or a sprinkle of cayenne when you blend the ingredients together.
- You also can include other ingredients to make a chunky, heartier dip… Like diced fresh tomatoes, Rotel (your choice of mild, original, or hot), and/or chopped black olives.
- If needed, double-check your taco seasoning and ranch packet. Most are gluten-free!
- Want to add toppings? Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese, green onions, pico de gallo, or leftover taco meat.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
Not only is this dip magical because of how easy it is to make, but it’s also great to pair with nearly any delish dip-ables!
Serve with crunchy tortilla chips or corn chips, pita chips, or crackers.
Taco dip with ranch is also superb with crispy fresh veggies. Enjoy with baby carrots, slices of bell pepper or cucumber, or any of your favorite hearty vegetables.
You can even serve as a rich and creamy sauce as a side or on top of tacos, burritos, taco salad, and burrito bowls. Or other southwest dishes, like Fancy 5 Minute Nachos!
Keep the 3-ingredient dip covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Give it a stir before serving.
Looking for More Delicious Dip Recipes?
- Retro Taco Pizza (Layered Taco Dip)
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip with Cream Cheese
- Corn Salsa Dip with Bacon
- The Best Homemade Bean Dip
- Amazing Queso Blanco Dip
Check out this easy appetizer’s printable recipe card below for the prep time, total time, and nutrition information including calories, carbohydrates, protein, polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, potassium, fiber, vitamin c, and calcium percentages. Also make sure to share this recipe on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
3-Ingredient Magic Taco Dip Recipe
- Set out a medium mixing bowl. Add the sour cream, taco seasoning, and ranch dip mix.
- Stir until smooth. Then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve cold with fresh cut veggies or chips.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!